Welcome - Canada
Welcome to Canada's pages on the CIS Centres Information Network. These pages are maintained by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS), Canada's CIS National Centre. Click here for contact information about Canada's CIS National and Collaborating Centres.
These pages are provided to enable visitors to easily and independently locate Canadian occupational safety and health (OSH) information for the purpose of Canadian legal compliance, improving workplace health and safety practices and ultimately to facilitate the acquisition of information required for reduction in workplace fatalities, injuries and illnesses. They are designed to provide visitors with a convenient and efficient way to access the health and safety information provided by the federal, provincial and territorial government agencies responsible for OSH, Workers' Compensation Boards and the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS).
The following links will take you directly to information from the sites of Canadian government agencies responsible for occupational safety and health and/or workers' compensation.
- Legislation - Links to the full text of acts, regulations and related documents.
- Good Practice - Guidelines, codes of practice, procedures manuals, regulations, and other documents that recommend work procedures and process that promote safety and health.
- Topics - Topic-based collections of OSH information.
- Publications - Publications collections available from government agencies.
- News & Events - News releases, upcoming events, etc.
- Discussions - Message-based discussion groups.
- Training - Education, training programs and services provided by government agencies.
- Statistics - Illness and injury statistics from various agencies.
- Research - Research and research programs.